AcademicIndustry

UCSD Microgrid tour

The energy club had the opportunity to tour the UCSD microgrid and learn more about how UCSD is powered and the new technology being tested. We learned about different energy storage and generation technologies are being used such as the many solar panels on campus, DC fast charging electric vehicle stations, lithium ion storage batteries and molten carbonate flow cells powered by waste fuel.

Thank you to everyone who came out and to Antoni Tong for leading the tour and fielding all of our questions!

Molten carbonate flow cell
Antoni explaining how all the energy systems work together and fielding our many curious questions
Grid energy flow cells
DC fast charging for electric vehicles

Pictures kindly provided by Hailey and Hui.

5 thoughts on “UCSD Microgrid tour

1. I have read your writings and I have read articles on this topic in several articles from other sources. I got a lot of information from your writing, is there any other suggestions you can convey regarding the theme of your writing? so that I can get more and more complete information.

I certainly thank you for writing this article well, hopefully it will become a reference in journals or other scientific writings and can help many people. thanks.

2. good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

3. I have read your writings and I have read articles on this topic in several articles from other sources. I got a lot of information from your writing, is there any other suggestions you can convey regarding the theme of your writing? so that I can get more and more complete information.

4. Thank you a lot for sharing this with all of us you actually recognize what you’re speaking about! Bookmarked. Please also seek advice from my web site. We could have a link alternate arrangement between us